Please complete the following steps to upgrade your server software installation.
Please note: these instructions only apply if you are running at least version 3.30 of the Live Help Server Software. How do I check my version installed? If you have an older version of the server software installed then you need to complete a re-installation using an empty MySQL database.
These upgrade instructions can also be applied to the WHMCS module installation however your Live Help installation would be located at /modules/livehelp/ within your WHMCS directory.
If you need to upgrade your server software please follow the instructions below:
- Backup your current /livehelp directory, you can download the directory using FTP
- Delete the /livehelp directory from your web server
- Upload the latest /livehelp directory to your web site using your FTP client.
- Restore the /livehelp/include/database.php file from your backup and upload to your web site at /livehelp/include/
- Open the Live Help Windows application and sign-in to Live Help, a transparent upgrade will occur
- Delete the /livehelp/install/ directory on your web site
- Restore any custom images that you had configured from your backup
- Update your Live Help HTML code to the new jQuery HTML Code
- If you originally installed Live Help as a WHMCS module then you also need to copy the latest WHMCS hook file as explained within step 2 at WHMCS Module Installation
Feel free to contact us if you have any trouble upgrading your Live Help installation.